The test tool consultant is a specialist in being a tool expert. He focuses exclusively on consulting work in relation to the aspects of test tools. He supports the process relating to the deployment of tools in the broadest sense of the word. The test tool consultant supports all test tools and all members of the test team.
- Setting up and configuring a test suite
- Development of new test suites
- Creation of regulations
- Development of related training
- Teaching and coaching
- Advice and support for the implementation of all types of tools
- Defining tool policy
- Executing quick scan
- Management consulting.
Required knowledge and competencies
- Expert knowledge of (the possibilities of) various types of tools
- Expert knowledge of deployment of tools.
- Comprehensive automation knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the architecture and tools for system development
- Knowledge of hardware, software and data communication resources
- Ample experience in structured programming (preferably in the programming language of the tool).
- Good analytical power
- Creativity and accuracy
- The ability to learn using test tools quickly
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
There are also roles that do not constitute positions in themselves. Think about e.g. Defects administrator, Domain knowledge expert, Test infrastructure coordinator or Test team leader. In practice other roles also arise. Roles may also be combined.
Information about the tasks and the knowledge and skills these and other roles require. Read more